Thursday, May 17, 2007

Me and George W. - we got a good thing goin'!

I really truly enjoy George W. Bush. I may not always agree with his policies, or actions. But I do believe he loves the Lord with a depth and sincerity the White House has not seen in centuries. He is a genuine human being, who makes mistakes. But I am proud of our President, warts and all, in a way that I can not say about previous Presidents.

One of the "warts" I especially enjoy is the way Bush communicates. Why? Because I do the same exact thing! But instead of just giving a few good friends another laugh, Bush is made out to be an idiot.

Now mind you, I feel passionately about the English language. I love it. I have a degree in it, for goodness sake. I most especially love vocabulary, and it can really grate on me when words are used incorrectly. But I sincerely enjoy idioms that are misplaced, or mangled in delivery. I have a penchant for it myself. For instance, while trying to get my head around a certain expression in our vernacular I finally blurted out,

"You know, I am an animal of routine."

Christopher stared long and hard at me, expecting my second head to pop out at any moment. When it didn't, he said, "What are you talking about?" I, of course, was stunned that he was not more educated in colloquialisms, but assumed it had something to do with that computer degree. Then I realized my own blunder, and between gasping for breath from laughing so hard restated my position.

"I am a creature of habit."

You can imagine how relieved he was that I did not have a second head. But only Christopher truly appreciated our little moment because it was not aired nationally during a televised debate for nuclear disarmament. If it had been, the following poem would surely apply to me.


MAKE THE PIE HIGHER by George W. Bush

I think we all agree, the past is over.
This is still a dangerous world.
It's a world of madmen and uncertainty
and potential mential losses.

Rarely is the question asked,
Is our children learning?
Will the highways of the Internet become more few?
How many hands have I shaked?

They misunderestimate me.
I am a pitbull on the pantleg of opportunity.
I know that the human being and the fish can coexist.
Families is where our nation finds hope,
where our wings take dream.

Put food on your family!
Knock down the tollbooth!
Vulcanize society!
Make the pie higher! Make the pie higher!



You go George! I am right behind ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment