Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Leah's Home Planet

Our good friends, the Proctors, moved to Texas at the end of April. They are military, and we knew we only had them for a short while, but what started as a 14+ month tour turned into nearly four years. Our families shared a lot of laughs, tears, births, and deaths. And even though we knew it was time to say good-bye it was still difficult to watch them leave - especially to go to Texas. Now, this needs to be put into context because, you see, the Proctors are FROM Texas. Yep. The Army moved them back to their home state, and even fairly close to their home towns. We are excited for them to be reunited with family, and friends. But still... Texas?

This morning Leah was watching me make breakfast when she announced, "I have a play date with the Proctors today."

"No, sweetie. The Proctors have moved."

"Yeah," Caleb reminded her, "they live in Texas now."

"That's okay," Leah continued, "cause I live in Texas too. That's where I am from."

I don't think Leah is really from Texas (I birthed her in California after all). But I am coming to believe that Leah is simply not from earth. 

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:45 AM

    I resemble that remark!

    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:50 AM

    Tell Leah that Momma Proctor says she will always have room for her. Texas is the 'hot' spot. Susan

    ReplyDelete